Sunday 21 June 2009

A week later....

I can defintely see/feel an improvement.
For a start, I am sleeping better - sometimes too much now, especially during the day. I am limiting my painkillers to paracetamol, in an attempt to regain a more appropriate sleep ratio.
I have been advised by the physio to walk with sticks and have been for my first walk - to the Red Lion for lunch. I only used one stick and felt very positive when I managed to get there and back!
The scar is healing well and I can see the return of the knee, instead of just a painful blob. I am also planning to start driving again in about two weeks and have made an appointment with my doctor in order to be able to be 'signed fit to drive'. This doesn't mean I can go back to work yet, though!
So, three and a bit weeks on from the TKR, I feel more optimistic. Reading the posts elsewhere of others who've been through the same thing, it seems I haven't been through the similar experiences - I haven't cried, for example. I have, however, experienced consipation, something hitherto unknown. Cereal and linseeds with dried fruit has become my breakfast of choice!
The weather forecast is better for this coming week, so maybe I can sit out and enjoy some sun. The only sun we have seen so far this summer was when I was in hospital!
I look forward to progress; I stop my Clexane injections this week!
What will I write in a week's time?

No comments:

Post a Comment